HOW TO TREAT PAIN & INFLAMMATION without Drugs!
Our top 15 suggestions.
Nature provides us with numerous healing foods, herbs and spices that we have been using safely and effectively for centuries. Some of Natures super foods come from the Bees, like honey, flower pollen, bees wax, royal jelly and propolis. Many of these gifts from Nature keep us healthy, fight infection, reduce pain and Inflammation, cleanse our bodies, support our digestion, healing and repair.
These amazing substances are packed with bio-available nutrients that are safe, relatively inexpensive, easy to obtain, prepare and ingest. Unfortuniatly we have forgotten many of these as our first choice even though they can be extremely effective. Big business, television and medicine dominate the media and influence people’s choices to the degree that we often forget about these safe and effective natural healing substances and techniques.
“Free the mind and spine and receive the divine.” The Wellness Game
* Top pain and inflamation Stratagies;
* Positive Thinking – Positive Living:
Sometimes it’s hard to do but positive thinking is so good for you. Don’t complain it hurts the body and brain. When we are in alignment spiritually, mentally, emotionally, chemically, electrically and mechanically our lives flow like a river and despite rough seas we can navigate thru to calm and peaceful times.
If you would like to develop your self and experience more peace more joy in your life, we offer Sacred Centerings Work Shops which follow the health principals in The Wellness Game. Feel free to contact us for more details. We offer groups or individual workshops in beautiful Southern Colorado.
*Anti inflammatory diets:
The key to staying vibrant, energized, young and flexible is partially do to eating the right diet for you. We recommend a modified Paleo Diet with lots of fresh organic live foods. Veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, high quality proteins, raw oils and lots of fresh spring water. Cooking kills nutrition and causes more inflamation. Use heat but be discrete! Minimize GMO, greasy food, wheat and crappy carbohydrates (cookies, pasta, crackers, cake) to start. See, “The Wellness Game” for more details.
* Anti inflammatory drinks:
Take 1-2 inches of fresh ginger, tumeric or OSHA (Bear root) and shred into 2 cups of boiling water, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
Remove from heat and add:
1-5 cloves of garlic
Add 1/2 teaspoon to 1-tablespoon of these in the hot water.
-Cayenne or Black pepper
Add 1 tablespoon to 1 ounce of raw oil; olive, coconut, avocado. A gulp of each a day keeps pain and inflamation at bay.
Use one or a combination of any of these for amazing results! Drink at least 2 – 10 ounce glasses every morning, afternoon and evening for best results. The more pain and stiffness the more drinks are required.
These above mentioned herbs or combinations of them can be added to hot water or warm nut milk- almond, coconut, hemp. Use organic honey, black strap molasses or maple syrup grade b and sweeten to meet your tastes if necessary.
* Hydration- Drink enough spring water a day to pee straw to clear colored every 2-3 hours. Drinking 2 glasses of water apon rising is so important! Add sea salt, lemon or lime, chia seeds or any of the above herbs upon rising and sleeping is an excellent way to start and end your day.
* Deep Breathing- Even 3 minutes of slow deep relaxed breathing causes relaxation, oxygenation of brain,tissues, muscles and organs while dumping CO2 and alkalizing your system, leaving you more relaxed and calm.
* Movement- 45-60 minutes of sweating exercise everyday day is the key.
Breathe, Move and Smile. Brisk walk, hike, dance, cross country ski and hydrotherapy is so beneficial. Dunking in cold water for just 30 seconds or turn your shower cold at the end is also so helpful for pain and inflamation. Swim, aqua aerobics, Aqua Qi Gong – (developed by Dr Dean Sanna) are excellent forms of exercise.
* Homeopathic’s – There are many useful Homeopathic’s like Arnica – 30c concentration which are good for children and adults.
* Red Laser light therapy – This is an excellent option to reduce pain and inflammation and cut the healing time often by 1/3. Post injury, surgery or to balance the brain.
* ICE – If you have an accident get ice on it right away. This is important to keep the inflammation down. If your skin feels hot, swollen and tender, it is inflamed and using ice will help! 20 minutes on, 40 minutes off, every hour is a very powerful and safe solution.
*When to use hot & cold? After an initial injury the swelling continues for 24-48 hours or longer. If the area feels hot and swollen you should use cold. Then after a few days the area calms down and the initial inflammation has slowed or stopped. Now you can alternate hot and cold to help move fluids and toxins away from the injury site. Place heat on stiff cold or tight muscles to loosen them up and promote fluids to enter the area bringing in healing materials to rebuild.
When injured remember “PRICE” P-protect,R-rest, I-ice, C-compress, E-elevate. Keep it moving when possible.
Alternate hot and cold. Place heat no longer than 10 minutes then place cold on for 5-10 minutes. Do this 2 or 3 times and end with cold to flush the area. If you want to keep the area loose and warmed up for stretching end with heat. If you need to stop inflamation use cold.
*General nutrition for inflammation-
Taking black current seed oil, boswellia, High grade Licorice or chamomile, echinecia, goldenseal herbs all work well. Call us or refer to Standard Process Nutrients or Medi Herb for details on these herbs. Use vitamin-E, C, GLA, bromoline, omega 3s- raw oils- olive, coconut, avacado – a gulp of each a day, all work very well to reduce inflammation. Herbs like quercetin 6-12 grams per day, garlic, cayenne, ginger, turmeric, curcumin, cinnamon can all be put into warm lemon water.
-Also pineapple and pomegranate juice help reduce inflammation.
* Therapies- Getting regular crani0sacral therapy, chiropractic, massage, water therapy/ pool, cold immersion, acupuncture, red light laser, Qi machine, yoga, qigong, breathing and moving the injured area can help reduce pain and inflammation and when combined with ice therapy are very effective.
* Topical linaments- china gel, arnica or CBD salve, bio freeze, traumeel all can be rubbed on skin.
– Make an oil linament with olive, coconut or sesame add wintergreen/ Cayenne. Try a test spot on your forearm to see if the formulation is to strong for you. If you have sensitive skin be very carful not to cause burning.
* Digestive enzymes like Protease – Bromaline on an empty stomach fight pain and inflammation also as mentioned drinking organic fresh pomegranate and pineapple are good juice choices.
Use epson salt bath, calcium, magnesium, valerian root, passaflora & hops. These all help raise GABA and relax the mind. All of these are very helpful in reducing pain and inflammation!
Come participate in an Sacred Centerings Workshop in beautiful Pagosa Springs, Colorado.
If you have any question please feel free to contact our office!
Hotsprings Healers Pagosa Springs Colorado. 971-221-4797
Be well and stay grateful!
Dr Dean & Amanda.